Edo State People Call on Tompolo, FG to Partner with indigenous people to execute the pipelines protection contract in their territory.
Benin City 5th September, 2022.
The people of Edo State, home and diaspora has called on Chief Government Ekpemupolo popularly known as Tompolo to identify and partner with Edo State people to successfully execute the multi billion naira pipeline protection contract awarded to him by the federal government of Nigeria.
This call was made by Chief Dr. Patrick Osagie Eholor also known as ultimate equal and Comrade Arisco Brown Osemwengie (International human rights activists).
In the call, the Stakeholders from Edo State itemized several reasons why Tompolo must carry Edo people along in prosecuting this multi billion naira contract.
The salients reasons as itemized by Edo State stakeholders as made available to Urban Scoop Media reads as follows:
1. Edo State is a core territory in the Niger Delta region.
2. The said pipeline cut across a vast terrain in Edo State territory.
3. Protecting the pipelines in Edo State territory can best be carried out by Edo people who knows the terrain better than other people.
4. Edo people being law abiding are best suited for the job in their own territory.
5. Edo State being an oil producing state is a strategic stakeholder in the Nigerian oil and gas sector and therefore most appropriate to engage them in this contract.
The stakeholders said they are very confident that Chief Tompolo will harken to their voice of reasons and reach out to them as soon as possible.