Edo Dynasty United Organization writes to Tompolo, itemizes 10 salient reasons why he must partner with Edo People to protect pipelines on Edo Soil.
Benin City 5th September, 2022.
The Edo Dynasty United Organization Worldwide has written a position letter to Chief Government Ekpemupolo popularly known as Tompolo, the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, NNPC and other government agencies, calling on them to partner and engage stakeholders in Edo State in the execution of the multi billion naira petroleum pipeline protection contract awarded by the Federal Government of Nigeria
In the said letter signed on behalf of the organization by its president, Comrade Brown Arisco Osemwengie, 10 salient reasons were itemized as the basis for the Clarion call:
1. Edo State is a core territory in the Niger Delta region.
2. The said pipeline cut across a vast terrain in Edo State territory.
3. Protecting the pipelines in Edo State territory can best be carried out by Edo people who knows the terrain better than other people.
4. Edo people being law abiding are best suited for the job in their own territory.
5. Edo State being an oil producing state is a strategic stakeholder in the Nigerian oil and gas sector and therefore most appropriate to engage them in this contract.
6. The fact that Edo people are peaceful and not violent does not mean they should be taken for granted because no single human or group has Monopoly of violence.
7. That Edo people cannot standby and watch outsiders come into our territory to execute a welfarist job that rightfully belong to Edo People.
8. That Edo people will always support and partner with willing stakeholders who carry them along.
9. That in the interest of peace and national cohension, Chief Tompolo should identify and partner with Edo People in carrying out the job in their territory.
10. That we are confident that Tompolo and all appropriate government agencies will harken to their demand and in the event that Edo people are sidelined in this welfarist contract, they will seek redress in the appropriate quarters which may not augur well to the overall interest of the oil and gas sector.